Decoration stallIn the first half of the 19th century, the Shinto shrines and people in various districts of Yugawara-machi, in order to jazz up the local festivals, competed to build gorgeous decoration stalls.
Kashima Odori (Kashima Dance)The origin of the dance was related to ancient tatara iron making method. However, here, the dance has been related to the ritual of getting rid of diseases, big catch in the sea and good harvest on the land, prosperity of stone production, an indigenous industry to Yugawara area, and the marine transport that carried the stones.
Target spots (Shinto shrines)
How to use
1. Download the kokosil app from here.
2. Start the kokosil app, and select “AR Yugawara Jinja Tour” when you reach the target Shinto shrine.
3. Select the appropriate spot from ” Neno jinja shrine“, “Suga jinja shrine”, “Goro jinja shinto shrine”
4. When the camera (AR) starts, please locate a signage with the following design and capture the image of the signage with the camera (AR). Then, the photos of “Decoration stall” or “Kashima” will appear on the screen of the smartphone.
5. A more detailed explanation page can be shown when you tap on the photos.